Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Veterinary Hospital

My sixteen year old cat as wounded s front left leg the fur

Customer Question

My sixteen year old cat as wounded his front left leg the fur is starting to come back but he's not cleaning himself like he should he eats and drinks well and gets around but I would like to sedate him in order to clean up his wound and clean up his fur
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 4 months ago.

I would like to help you with your kitty Stewart.

Is Stewart and indoor or outdoor kitty? Stewart may have been bitten by another cat if he goes outside. I agree that the best thing to do for him is to take him to your vet for a complete examination. Your vet will be able to clean the wound and possibly prescribe antibiotics and pain medication for him. Cats can quickly get abscesses from cat bites, so the sooner he gets evaluated, the better to avoid a larger wound and more extensive treatment. If he isn't feeling well, he probably is not grooming as much as normal.

Please leave a positive rating if you are satisfied with my reply. If you have any other questions, I would be happy to help you with further info.

All the best,

Dr. KV