Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I couldn't find my cat last night and we looked everywhere

Customer Question

I couldn't find my cat last night and we looked everywhere in the house. I thought he got out. Then my alarm went off, and he came running to me. He was panting hard. He does pant when he plays with his brother. However, this morning he was crying loud like he was in pain. Now, he seems fine. I was just looking on-line to see what could have been wrong with him.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Frankie and he is 10 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Frankie?
Customer: We got him fixed (no balls) in Jan. He and his brother are both very healthy. Both pant when they run around the house each morning during play time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 4 months ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

Has Frankie had any symptoms after his initial cry/howl and panting? Or does he seem returned to normal?

There are many possible causing for this type of cry but a distress cry is most common. It could be behavioral (something scared him) or it could reflect a physical issue such as pain but in order to isolate where this distress would be coming from will require he show us a bit more symptoms or at least that he continues to not be himself.