Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.

This morning I woke up to m meowing I picked m up knew right

Customer Question

This morning I woke up to him meowing I picked him up knew right away something was wrong ..he is a the vets now been there all day I was told he had a small head fracture and swelling that they were going to keep an I on him ..I called a few hours later was told he wouldnt eat from the plate given to him I told them hes bottle fed which I told them that when I brought him in ...they said they would try in a couple more hours to feed again I drove down there to see about feeding him myself they said they got him to eat 2 mil. About fifteen min prior to me getting tgat here once I got him I tried to feed him he showed me all signs of hungry but he couldnt eat his belly felt empty ...I held him for two and half hours tryingvto feed him here and there but he didnt ...dureingvthis time I ask to see the dr and see xray when I saw them I noticed another crack at back of head the dr put a different view on and it clearly looked like another one when I said something about him only mentioning one his responce was he wasn't sure if it was...they Cameron get mimi for vitals comeing back saying his temp was 104 said he needed to stay with them for more observation shouldn't he have an I'v for fluids something to helping him not just him laying vvb in an incubator
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is A?
Customer: Mimi is three weeks old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about A?
Customer: Not that I know of he was fine eating good everything until this morning I told them it was possible he was stepped on .cause I cant see anything else happening and when I was half asleep I heard my friend come in and then I heard why are you shaking..then nothing im not sure how long it was before I woke up to mimi crying..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

I am very sorry to hear about Mimi's situation. Skull fractures are often traumatic in origin and can lead to dangerous brain swelling. So, he is in the right place. In regards ***** ***** question, he may need to be on IV fluids (or they may have to put a line into the bone if he is this young) if he is dehydrated. Though since we are concerned about brain pressure and circulation, your vet may be more keen for him to take them orally or even give them under the skin. These would reduce any risk of increased brain swelling associated with the fluids. Of course, if he has a fever as you noted, he will need to be put onto antibiotics and we may need you feeding him more regularly if the nurses are struggling to do so. And as it can take weeks (4-6) for bones to fuse and heal, we may need to use this level of intensive care for the weeks to come to help him cope while healing and survive.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )