Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.

20 yr old cat fixed has copper colored spots on eyes. Other

Customer Question

20 yr old cat fixed has copper colored spots on eyes. Other wise she is getting clumsy.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

These spots you see in Grey's eyes are most likely scar tissue from injuries in the past or reactions to other traumas that may be causing her to have difficulties seeing. She should not be blind but may have some fuzziness or areas that are blocked by these spots when she sees. There is nothing that you can do for this but as long as she can see, she will do fine. The clumsyness is probably due to arthritis or also could be due to some neurologic issue caused by her advanced age. AS long as she is eating and acting normal, she will do well. I would recommend a daily supplement of Glucosamine/Chondroitin available at the pet store to add lubrication to her joints to help with her mobility.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well ,she was the ruling cat of block 10 to15 years ago but she mostly stays in now.So it makes since . Ill take herin( if she lets me) and get back to you.

Excellent! I am sure that with an exam, your vet will be able to prescribe medication for Grey to ease any discomfort. Please let me know how she is doing if you have the time. Thanks!!

I'm just following up on our conversation about Grey. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta