Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Has a mouth ulcer that is weeping - he was given an

Customer Question

Tommy has a mouth ulcer that is weeping - he was given an antibiotic shot last Thursday - I am now giving him 4 measure of Metacam as he weighs 4kg because I think he is in pain and gone off his food. The vet did not suggest this but I had an answer from another vet who assures me that this won't hurt. He has a heart problem taking atenolol/clopidogrel 12.5/18.75 once a day - he is an extremely nervous cat so I do not want to take him to the after hours vet. Is there anything else I can do to relieve his discomfort?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 6 months ago.

Hello again,

I see you have requested me, of course I am glad to carry on the conversation ...

The bot***** *****ne is that there is little you can hope to do in terms of pain killers on a home remedy basis other than the metacam or aspirin { but not both together. } As you are giving Tommy the metacam now you may want to see your regular vet when they open next ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Jenny,

I am just checking back in to see how Tommy is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his mouth ulcer ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.