Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat is 14 and she has had a runny eye and is sneezing on

Customer Question

My cat Bell is 14 and she has had a runny eye and is sneezing on and off (usually right in my face). She had had diarrhea, which is much better since the vet gave her antibiotics. I got her a probiotic over-the-counter and that also seemed to help. Just last night and today she got a little soft stool, not watery like she had. I gave her some chicken and rice (a few times). Just about a half hour ago she pooped, on the floor, and it had a little bloody mucus ( this came out when she started to go). I wanted to know if I could give or do anything for her tummy until she can see the vet after Memorial Day.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Have there been any diet changes for Bell in the last few days?
2) New treats? Human food?
3) Any vomiting?