Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My cat is almost 14 years old, she has had diarrhea on and

Customer Question

My cat is almost 14 years old, she has had diarrhea on and off. Her vet said it was dietary and did not tell me much. I checked online and found out to give her chicken and rice and to wean her back on her food (she eats Purina One salmon and tuna). She still has a runny eye and sneezes occasionally (right in my face). She had a little bloody mucus in her stool ( it came out when she started to poop). The vet said she probably just has an irritated GI tract but if it gets worse get it looked at. I wanted to know if I could give her anything to calm her stomach at all (or not).
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Doug Nieh replied 4 months ago.

Hello - my name is***** - I understand you have an older cat named Bell that has intermittent diarrhea and had some blood in the stool as well. Can you tell me how long this has been going on and how often have you seen the blood?