Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I need help, i have a 7 month old male kitten, this morning

Customer Question

i need help, i have a 7 month old male kitten, this morning my poor kitten was mishandled by my 8 year old and my 3 year old and they habe managed to eith break his tail or dislocate it, im panicking right now as to know what to do
the cats very quiet and is allowing affection but as soon as the tail is moved hes hissing
plz plz help
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** to hear that about Storm's incident. I will do my best to help with your question. First I have a few questions to help me better understand your situation.

1) How long ago has it been since the incident?

2) Where on the tail is the injury (is it close to the body or closer to the tip)?

3) Did you manage to see how the injury occurred (was it bent too far, stepped on, or was he accidentally dropped)?