Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

URI goopy eyes and sneezy - We started m on Clavamox and saw

Customer Question

URI goopy eyes and sneezy - We started him on Clavamox and saw improvement. Then took him in for TNR and he got Convenia two days ago. Now his symptoms are back. Should we resume Clavamox?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Cat - We thought he was feral, but I think he's abandoned tame.
JA: OK. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Oscar
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oscar?
Customer: He has a couple of wounds. May have visual problem - sheen to eyes. He's a mature cat. I'd say about 8-12
JA: Is Oscar bleeding a lot?
Customer: No, not at all.
JA: Phew. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 6 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. I would probably restart the Clavamox (assuming it is a liquid and not more than 2 weeks old) if it was helping before. If for some reason the symptoms aren't resolving on the Clavamox this time, I would talk to your vet about starting him on azithromycin instead. I would also add an L-lysine supplement as well to booster the immune system. Your vet should have one on stock. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. John