Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cat had radioactive iodine therapy on May 3rd this year.

Customer Question

My cat had radioactive iodine therapy for hyperthyroid on May 3rd this year. At her 3-week blood check her T4 was only down to 15, and they're talking about a second treatment next week. Is this okay?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. Unfortunately, we can see this in some cats. This is because we can only use a set dose to treat and it just won't be enough for some cats. Therefore, in cases where a cat remains above the normal range, we do usually treat with a second dose. It is absolutely fine to do, as long as Samhain tolerated the last treatment and we'd hope that this time that extra dose will push her thyroid levels back into the normal range. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )