Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

There,I hope your evening is much better than mine. My

Customer Question

Hello there,I hope your evening is much better than mine. My female cat 8 years old, not neutered stooped eating on Friday. She didn't eat or drink Friday and Saturday. Sunday started to feel a little better. I was able to feed her with a little amount of liquid food and some water. She peed but haven't pooped since Thursday.
Monday morning (today), I took her to a vet. They examined her. Didn't find anything wrong. The temperature was normal, stomach is soft and no pain. They decided that she is constituted. They did an anima but just a couple hard little ones came out.
In a few min she pooped again. This time it was a liquid consistency poop and on top of it there was a tiny dot of pink/orange color. I asked a doctor if it is a blood. She took a napkin, looked at it and said that it is not:" Something orange was in her stool". Now, at home, my cat went to the liter box and I found that she produced some clear mucus (transparent) and it was spotted with pink color. I took a napkin to look at it and have no doubts that it's a blood but not a rich dark colored but light pink. I looked under her tail and cleaned her behind. There were a few tiny pink spots on that napkin as well.
My guess is that the doctor scratched an annal inside while was doing that enema but I am not a doctor - I don't have enough of experience and knowledge to come from a guess to conclusion. I don't want to traumatize my poor girl more than she is already. If I would have more definite opinion from a professional that it's safe for her to stay and sleep overnight at home instead of dragging her to ER, I would have a piece of mind and call the vet in a morning but if it's not avoidable and MUST be done, I will take her immediately there. I don't want to make the situation any worth.
Please, help me. Thanks in advance. Lana
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Has she started eating since the enema?What treatments is she on just now?How much suspected blood did you see, just a fewAny retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting? Can she keep water down?Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?