Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I just adopted a kitten rescue a week ago, he's a little

Customer Question

I just adopted a kitten for a rescue a week ago, he's a little scruffy but I know he was in a kill shelter before the rescue and they caged many cats togther.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the kitten?
Customer: But now he's puking clear liquid and won't eat
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the kitten eat anything unusual?
Customer: won't play
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: and just lays there
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: He's up to date on shots, and is negative for Feline HIV
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: How long has he had these signs?Can he keep water down?Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?Has he had any diarrhea?