Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My cat is almost 10 and she just started acting very strange

Customer Question

My cat is almost 10 and she just started acting very strange yesterday. She seems very slow and tired, wherever she lays down she keeps her head down and I try to lift it she kind of resists. She's doing things she's never done before like laying in spots she's never gone to and not running away from the vacuum. She also doesn't seem to be eating I gave her some wet food because she loves it but she hardly ate any. She usually jumps at the food, gets excited and meows alot but she didn't seem to care at all.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Jade She also started meowing alot latley constantly but seemed totally fine until yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She seems like she's having trouble walking now
Expert:  Jennifer Van Noy replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Dr. Jenn and I’m a licensed veterinarian with 18 years of experience. I’m here to help with your question about Jade. I’m so sorry you’re having this problem, but glad you’re looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you’re satisfied with the information I’ve provided. I’ll do my best to ear your good rating, because that’s the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.In order to help me help you better, I’ll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:Are you able to take Jade's temperature?Is she an indoor only cat or does she go outside?Does she have any previous medical issues?Have you noticed any increase in water intake or urine output? I’ll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you for using our website.