Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I have a 20 year old female cat, diagnosed with neurological

Customer Question

hey there, I have a 20 year old female cat, diagnosed with neurological problems causing her back legs to give out on her. tried tramadol from vet, she had an adverse reaction.
So for the last 2 weeks I have been giving her Golden Paste 1/8 tsp twice daily (turmeric, pepper and coconut oil ) as well as 1/4 drop hemp oil.
My problem is, she refuses to eat anything with either of them in it.
So, my questions ;
1. Can I make up my own capsules with both products in the same capsule
2. what size capsule would be best to use, don't want to big as I don't want to choke her
3. lastly, what would be the best capsule to use, e.g made from gelatine
thank you for any help you might be able to give me
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than 20 years of experience. I want to let you know I work at a practice that combines traditional Western medicine with alternative care, so I am accustomed to taking an approach like this. I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:Approximately how much does Casper weigh?Is she on any other medications?Is her appetite still excellent for food without the medications in them?I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.