Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

It's a stray and very old. Started with a runny nose. Now

Customer Question

It's a stray and very old. Started with a runny nose. Now it's black. Cat appears to be dying
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the stray cat?
Customer: Had a runny nose
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will it help if I send a picture?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear your are worried about your cat. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I just came online and saw your question. What is black now? The discharge from her nose? How old is she? Is she eating? If you check her gums, are they pink in color or are they pale?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a stray but showed up a few weeks ago with mucus discharge coming from his nose. Now his nose is black. I have food and water out on my porch. It is eating a little. I can't get close enough that I can check his gums.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
His nose is black, and it was a different color? Is he a black cat, or what color is he? White cats that are outside a lot can get cancer of the nose and that could turn the nose black. It is always a good sign if a cat is eating at least something. If you can't get close, all you can really do is provide fresh food and water for him, or else call animal control to get him and take him to your local animal shelter. Let me know what other questions you have. Thanks for trying to help this stray cat.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here's a picture
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
The picture showed up very grainy and fuzzy; I can barely tell it is a cat. There is a large smudge on his face but I can't tell if it is discharge or what, sorry.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?