Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM

My rescue cat was rescued at 2 weeks . She is sweet to me

Customer Question

My rescue cat was rescued at 2 weeks . She is sweet to me most of the time but- out of the bue- when I am in bed, 5 times now (out of 3 years!) she scratches and bites me- I am diabetic and that is dangerous. She scares me and I have to push her- very hard -off the bed and ciose the door on her and I don't iIet her in again. Why does she do this and what can I do???? (I have two cat women that come to cut her naiis and she is terrified and they Ieave after one hour-not aways abIe to cut the naiIs ) I am so sad and I don't want to give her away... (THE IETTER "" IS NOT WORKING- SORRY!!!)
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My cat wiII not Ieave me aIone- She goes everywhere I go and stares at me AII the time...I have been waiting for a very Iong time... I requested a phone caII, if possibIe... I aIso asked if I couId pay on The first of June???? My money comes in on the first...
Expert:  Dr B replied 5 months ago.
Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you. I have had many clients have this situation.....I strongly recommend that you have your cat front foot declawed. And if necessary you can have the canine teeth lightly filed. Usually after this procedure the cats I have dealt with are much less likely to scratch ( because they cannot) and usually will not bite. You are correct that it is very dangerous for you and you do not have to give your kitty up......we just need to get her weapons removed so she cannot harm you. This is the only way to be sure you will not be hurt. I have done this procedure for many older clients and also those with chronic disease like diabetes and they have been able to keep their pets.I hope this helps you but let me know if you have any other questions at all. I check my computer every night. DRBPlease hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!Please note that the information I provide is intended as general information only and not intended to replace the advice of your veterinary professional.