Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Today my cat is very quiet, won't eat and is resting only.

Customer Question

Today my cat is very quiet, won't eat and is resting only. He was fine and active yesterday - this just started this morning. He is about 10 years old. I did find some loose stool in the litter box but I have 3 cats so I can't be sure this was his. Should I bring him in to my vet?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 9 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Jerry.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:

• Does he have a history of any illnesses?
  • Does he take any medications?
  • Is he a strictly indoor cat?
  • Any signs of vomiting?
  • Any other symptoms at all?

I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.