Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine

JA: . How can we help? Customer: My cat recently starts

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: My cat recently starts going out. He was an indoor cat before. Today I noticed he is lets active and his ear and nose seem hot.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Should I be worried?
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Veterinarian will figure it out.
Customer: He is Bread. 6 years old. Male.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 5 months ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.I'm sorry to hear your cat is experiencing this. With new excursions outdoors my top worry would be he got into a fight with another cat outside and is suffering a developing infection or abscess; therefore a fever is making him less active. You can take his temperature but must be done via rectum and if this is higher than 40C, then he has a fever. However, only do this if you feel it can be done safely.Unfortunately there is not much you can do at home other than do a good once-over of him looking for evidence of swellings or even scratches that might indicate he has indeed been in a fight. If he has a large swelling, then you have the option of monitoring him today and taking him in first thing tomorrow to see his regular veterinarian, OR taking him to be seen on emergency. I would advocate him being seen today if he has any other symptoms such as vomit, diarrhea, or respiratory issues.I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Joey