Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My cat (female) got cyst removed from her ovaries and was

Customer Question

My cat (female) got cyst removed from her ovaries and was spayed at the same time..3 weeks ago her vet removed the stiches (26 of them) and had to drain some fluids from the pocket that's been about a week now that there is some liquid dripping and a very strong fishy smell..could it be a urinary tract infection?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Patches and she's 9 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Patches?
Customer: She was on antibiotics after the surgery and again when they removed the stiches and drained the fluids. .she's eating fine and habits are the same..she just keep trying to clean's red and iritated and very strong smell
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Melanie Goble replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** have been a veterinarian for 11 years and would be interested in helping you with Patches today. Do you recall what antibiotics she was on?
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today in Dr. Melanie's absence. Do you have a picture to share of the surgical site? And, am I reading correctly that she's dripping this fluid from the site itself and not her vulva?