Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have an older cat that was given to me about a year and a

Customer Question

I have an older cat that was given to me about a year and a half ago and she seemed very comfortable with me and was a big eater..also I brought a kitten in about a week ago, and my other cat won't eat now and seems very depressed...should I not keep the kitten, ? I want him....will she be ok eventually? and begin to eat again? i am worried about that I don't want her to be sick now...and something happen to her ....can i keep the kitten? if I don't will my other cat go back to being the way she is? or not because the kittens scent if all over now....i'm upset now and don't knowwhat to do? : (
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 10 months ago.
Hi this is Dr. Gabby.Is your older cat eating at all?Is the older cat hiding?What happens when the kitten and older cat are together?