Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

My cat has been stumbling like she's weak. She eats very

Customer Question

My cat has been stumbling like she's weak. She eats very little as of yesterday and now has slight diarrhea. She's 15 years old and is a persian
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wounds She lives indoors her entire life
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the Persian's name?
Customer: Gracie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gracie?
Customer: She's never has had any health problems but I've had 2 other persians in the past that passed form kidney failure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I am so sorry to hear about Gracie and I know this is scary considering her age. There are many things that could be causing this and the most common is the beginnings of Kidney failure. Waste products build up in Gracie's system causing this distress. She may also have an aggravated arthritis that is causing her so much pain that she does not want to eat or move much. The best thing to do for your sweet Gracie is to have your vet examien her as soon as possible and run blood work and possibly xrays. I wish I could tell you more but without the results of the testing, it is hard to know how best to treat your precious Gracie. For now, give her a dose of Nutrical, available at the pet store, every 4 hrs to give her the vitamins and nutrients to keep her going until you know what will be best for her. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****