Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Have a 11 year old cat who has discharge from both eyes. one

Customer Question

have a 11 year old cat who has discharge from both eyes. one has greenish hello plus blood color discharge theater just rust colored discharge. is this convetivitus(sp) or something easily resolved?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: She is a calico named Pumpkin. She has been to the vet within the last few months for other issues but this was not directed as i did not take her.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Named?
Customer: umm. she tends to squint or sometime close the more troubled eye. i used saline on her eye with sterile cause and that lessened the disgh
arge.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. In regards ***** ***** description, it does sound like we have a bacterial conjunctivitis in one eye and this is just causing secondary tearing/irritation to the other. Though I'd note that if we have it in one, it will often spread to the other when the groom their sore eyes.In regards ***** ***** sterile saline is good for reducing the bacterial population and discharges present but if this is persisting then we'd tend to need a local vet dispense antibiotic drops to clear the infection. If she was seen and her vet did note this, you may be able to ring for drops. Otherwise, it would be ideal to have her seen so that they can make sure there are no underlying issues (ie flu viruses, corneal damage, etc) and can get her started on antibiotic drops to settle this for her. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )