Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a practicing veterinarian with over 20 years experience in a mixed animal practice.

Good day my cat has been lying on the bathroom floors which

Customer Question

Good day my cat has been lying on the bathroom floors which is unusual. is he giving us a sign
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your cat?
Customer: did you get my question
JA: Where does your cat seem to hurt?
Customer: we dont know if he hurts
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: 11 years old
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: tiger
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tiger?
Customer: he poop on the floor a few times and makes noise when he poops in the litter box
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Linda replied 5 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I hope I can help with your question today.I am so sorry for your concerns about Tiger. I would say, that if this is an unusual thing for Tiger to do, lying on the bathroom floor, then he is trying to communicate to you that he is not feeing well. You say he makes a noise when he has a bowel movement & that certainly might indicate some pain & discomfort. Has he urinated since this has all begun? Male cats can become obstructed in their urinary tract & this can turn serious very quickly. Tiger may also feel unwell from an infection, especially if he spends a lot of time outdoors. But even if he is strickly an indoor cat, things can happen.So if you are concerned, especially if this has been going on for a day or so, it is time to have him examined by your veterinarian. Any change in behavior or attitude is an indication that something may be amiss with Tiger.I hope this makes sense & has given you he information you required. Please et me know if you have any further questions or concerns about Tiger.Thank you.