Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

He is keeping one eye closed. It is red around the edges. I

Customer Question

He is keeping one eye closed. It is red around the edges. I put cat eye rinse in it but he isn't really opening it. My cat is on phenobarbital for seizures. He is about 4 years old.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Max
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Max?
Customer: This has happened of and on for about a week or so. No other problems with him. My favorite cat. This time he isn't opening eye after rinse. Last time he did open it after rinse.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. What is in the rinse?Any discharge from the eye? What color?Any sneezing, coughing, or congestion?Does the eyeball itself look hazy, cloudy or have any areas that aren't shiny?Does he go outside?