Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Cat is 7 yrs old. He's been losing weight and now is not eating.

Customer Question

Cat is 7 yrs old. He's been losing weight and now is not eating. He drinks water but throws up 15-20 minutes later. I've got a vet appt for Thurs afternoon, but I'm concerned that it is too long to wait. How long can a cat survive not eating or drinking?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cat?
Customer: He is weak, seems to struggle to even sit up...sleeps most of the time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How long has this been going on? 2- Is he drinking more than usual? 3- Any pre existing medical conditions? 4- Any other symptoms?