Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

Has a bald spot on the anterior lower front leg with redish

Customer Question

Has a bald spot on the anterior lower front leg with redish "inflammation"
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: Not to my knowledge. The bald, reddish spot is now about slightly less then 1.5 cm long and 0.5 cm wide. It has slowly increased in size over the last several months and the skin is now getting reddish
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Princess Kittie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Princess Kittie?
Customer: Princess Kittie is about 12yrs old, has been in good health. However, she had a conjunctivitis about 6-7 months ago (all healed now) and then developed Kittie acne which is now healed (changed bowl to a stainless steel re-filterd water fountain bowl, cleansed with solution of hydrogen Perozide and applied topical abx. cream. The bald spot (which is now reddish) developed about the same time as the conjunctivitis. At first, it just seemed that the hair was thinning and I thought that she might be rubbing her leg on something; but, she gradually lost all her fur on that spot and the skin now looks inflamed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Can you upload a photo(s) of this spot to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. Is Princess Kittie licking at this spot?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?