Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

Why and how help cat was seizuring and he's 18 & I've been

Customer Question

Why and how help cat was seizuring and he's 18 & I've been trying to save him using Librium and he hasn't eaten for a day ; is there any hope or what can I do ? and how check pulse and what's average bpm on a cat?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear about Bootsy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I just came online and saw your question. I am sorry you did not get help from an expert before now. How is he doing? Do you still need help with him? There are many reasons for a cat to seizure, and the treatment depends on whether it is from poison, low blood sugar, neurologic disease heart disease. I would not give any more Librium until we find out what is wrong with him. It is hard to feel cat pulses; it takes practice to learn. The best way is to put a hand on the chest and count heartbeats. Normal is around 160 beats per minute or higher if the cat is stressed. There is hope, but he needs to be examined to find out what is wrong with him before we know. If he is not eating, then he might be dehydrated which will make things worse. Can you get him to an emergency clinic?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
How is Bootsy doing?