Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My female cat had surgery last Friday May6th. (fixed). She

Customer Question

My female cat had surgery last Friday May6th. (fixed). She received a glue to close the wound. For the first 7 days things looked normal. No pain medicine was needed. She licked a little but not too much. I check her (Calico) every day and the skin was clear and no redness. Tonight this is red and a line of hard substance is evident where a scar should be. She is in no pain and she is not licking the area. What is causing the redness and has substance around the scar?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. What color is the substance? Does it look like dried glue?Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.