Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have a 7 year old cat. Intact female. Impossible to get in

Customer Question

I have a 7 year old cat. Intact female. Impossible to get in a carrier. She is always very frightened and will bite. she has had a nipple mass for over a year and a half. FnA showed as a cyst. The area swells up sometimes.
My at home vet is away. The area is very swollen and dark red or black. She has been picking and licking for a week. Now it is getting very big. I think the dark area is dried blood..but I'm worried about gangrene. At home vet gave zithromax liquid and animax few days ago. How long does it take, it seems bigger.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
she is eating and drinking and acting fine, and has been the entire time she has the mass
Expert:  Terri replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am sorry Blackie has this cyst.The antibiotic should show positive results after 4 doses. If there was gangrene the wound wound have a bad odor and she would be quite ill.She would be feverish and not eating.It may be getting bigger because it is filling with fluid.It will need to be removed if it becomes large enough to bother her.In the meantime apply raw honey. You can get it in any health food store.It is a remarkable healing agent:http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheatedhttp://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.htmlPlease let me know how Blackie is doing.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.