Jess K
Jess K, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

Last week my cat has hung around the sink licking the

Customer Question

for the last week my cat has hung around the sink licking the bowl and seems to sleep a lot mote than normal. She is 14yrs old.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your kitty! Can you tell me, do you think she is urinating more than usual or having any accidents? How is her appetite? Any vomiting? Has your kitty ever had any bloodwork done?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
good appetite urinating normal, no accidents. she had blood work a year ago
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
she just seems real lazy
Expert:  Jess K replied 6 months ago.
Ok. I would recommend in a cat this age that she go back to the vet for a thorough exam and a repeat of bloodwork. Things can definitely change in a years time, especially in an older kitty. In any older cat who is more lethargic than usual and who is more interested in water than usual, I do worry about kidney disease developing. Unfortunately it is incredibly common in older cats. If she is still eating well and not vomiting and alert, then a visit next week is in order. If over the weekend, however, she worsens and stops eating, starts vomting, becomes increasingly lethargic, her gums appear pale in color, then I would bring her in ASAP if you have a 24 hour clinic available in your area.