Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat cannot poop and is constipated she pees, but not as

Customer Question

my cat cannot poop and is constipated she pees, but not as much as usual the vet said it is because she stopped drinking water.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: booboo she is almost 10
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Boo Boo?
Customer: booboo had this problem a couple of years ago, but was fine after a few days. But about a week before she developed this we used a diffuser with lavender for about 8 hours one time only.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me: How long ago did she last pass stool? Was it quite hard or diarrhea?Is she straining like she needs to go?Is she eating normally? Any vomiting?Did her vet start any treatment or perform any tests?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The vet took X-rays and did two barium tests. She last had bowel movement on Tuesday it was ver soft. She has already had one enema last Saturday.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She hides so don't know if she vomits for sure, she eats because vet gave her medication that makes her eat.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you,Since she had an xray, was she constipated then?Did her vet give her an enema? What treatment is she on specifically?