Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

His eyebrow area has green puss discharge JA: I'm sorry to

Customer Question

His eyebrow area has green puss discharge
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: He can't open his eye. I call him squeaker and he's 4. He's one of 5 feral cats I have
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Squeaker
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Squeaker?
Customer: Just that he's a tame feral
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.
By the principle of Occam's Razor any feral who presents in that fashion has been bitten and you're seeing a ruptured bite wound abscess. Depending upon the extent of that abscess I might simply lavage it with the over the counter chlorhexidine (Hebiclens in your local pharmacy) twice daily until no more pus formed or for more severe abscesses, sedate my patient, flush the abscess with chlorhexidine, debride away any devitalized tissue, leave the wound open to heal, and administer a broad spectrum antibiotic either by injection or a prescribed oral.Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.