Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My 1 year old cat has a lump underneath his left job I just

Customer Question

my 1 year old cat has a lump underneath his left job I just found it I've only had I only had it for a few weeks and he has had all his shots and been neutered he was he was just here one day
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. In a young cat like this, this is most likely due to a wound, scratch or bite that is infected locally. They will often times turn into an abscess and then rupture open. To help it open up sooner, you can clip the hair from the lump and then use a warm compress on it. If it seems like it's painful or if he's showing other signs (lethargy, decreased appetite), then I would get him seen by a vet and we may have to lance these and drain/ flush them out to get them to heal. If it's otherwise normal, I'd give it some time to heal on it's own. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.