Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Questionable poisoning from flea n tick shampoo due to open

Customer Question

Questionable poisoning from flea n tick shampoo due to open mouth and tremor like spams
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. It sounds like you may be dealing with a pyrethrin toxicity from a flea medication. The first step in treating is washing it off with dawn dish soap. After that, we use a muscle relaxant called Methocarbamol to treat it. This is given over 1-3 days to manage the signs until it resolves.I would go see a vet, as the muscle relaxant is really helpful in treating these cats. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you but the kitten passed away on the way to our emergency vet at 1135pm last night. Unfortunately the emergency vets aren't close enough to my home town
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.