Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I'm not sure, I have all types of conflicting info JA: I'll

Customer Question

I'm not sure, I have all types of conflicting info
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: Ok, she had a check up on 2/25, dental cleaning on 3/17.. Then started losing weight and I was told liver enzymes elevated alt.. Sprinted tubes full and gram posutive or negative bacteria.
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Was given a Convenia injection in March, another 2 weeks ago, given Metrodiazole.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: Riley, she's a great cat!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Ok.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry to hear of this with Riley. Can you please clarify "sprinted tubes full and gram positive or negative bacteria? Can you upload a copy of all of Riley's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but her vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon above your message box (if you can see the icon) or by using an external app such as How old is Riley, please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The Metrodiazole made her stop eating, she did nothing but sleep. Stopped the meds.. She's eating but not drinking. Have got a 2nd opinion but some important info wasn't included when the original vet faxed them. Her tongue us white, hair is frumpy..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I can't do that.. Her original get didn't do the culture. Main reason I got a second opinion
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have the records.. They were faxed to the second vet.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a small place and the second vet has worked for the first years ago.. So, I'm not sure I got a great opinion.
If her tongue is white she's profoundly anemic. Without being able to review her test results for you, however, I can't be helpful and so I'll opt out which will give another expert the opportunity to enter this conversation.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I live 39 miles from my vet so this little answer session doesn't seem to be working out for me!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The vet said her platelets were low 2 weeks ago but didn't offer up any advice.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How long will that take.. I know most of the info..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I don't havev24 hours so just cancel the entire thing. Very misleading.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you get that? I'm just opting out period! You were supposed to be a vet!