Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.

It is a kitten five weeks who's leg is swollen and does not

Customer Question

it is a kitten five weeks who's leg is swollen and does not want to drink from the mother
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: yes i have but dont see anything
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: her name is woody
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Woody?
Customer: onlt tha this had happened when i saw her limping on Tuesday afternoon she was fine until yesterday only that she had pain in the leg and its swollen
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. I have to say that I am quite concerned about Woody. To see leg swelling and pain in a kitten this age would be suggestive of either a bacterial induced abscess/cellulitis or a possible fracture. Though if Woody was lame on Tuesday before this become swollen, we'd be most suspicious of an infection as these tend to have delayed onset (where fractures tend to swell right away). Though just to note, both could put him off food secondary to pain and possibly sepsis. In this case, there is unfortunately not much that can be done at home. You can gently warm compress the leg to try to reduce swelling but we really will need cat safe pain relief (since OTC human ones are cat toxic) from her vet. Furthermore, if her vet samples this and confirms infection, strong antibiotics would be needed as well. And the sooner we can get those started and get her more comfortable, the sooner we can get her eating properly and just avoid any blood sugar crashes for her. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.