Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My older female cat has stopped eating but before that she

Customer Question

my older female cat has stopped eating but before that she was throwing up everything. Now today she has puss in her right eye, what is wrong with her?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: she is 14 years old and also I had another cat pass away three weeks ago that had lost a lot of weight and stopped eating. He was her son.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I am so sorry your cat lost her son. Cats grieve just like people ....she must be very sad.Can you please tell me what foods she was eating?Was the son ill before he passed?Is she an indoor kitty?After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.