Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

She has just gone limp - not supporting herself. Continues

Customer Question

She has just gone limp - not supporting herself. Continues to purr. When you pick her up or lay her down she just stays in that position.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Kayla. 14 1/2 yrs old. Was sitting under a chair - had a few meows (not howls). After that we picked her up and she seemed to have no support. Has been eating as usual.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kayla?
Customer: We were just able to get her to take some water by hand and with the use of a syringe.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing? 2- Any pre existing medical conditions? 3- How long has this been going on? 4- Did she get into anything? 5- Any other symptoms?