Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.

JA: . How can we help? Customer: Our 10 month old

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: Our 10 month old spayed female cat that is incredibly active seems to gone from moving slowly to not wanting to walk or stand at all and sleeping a lot more than of tonite does not want to stand or walk but ate very well and drank but only while laying down.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: I'm sorry I'm sending before finishing...the cats name is ***** ***** we picked her up and placed in litter box where she laid on her side and urinated and had normal bowel movement...but again, would not stand to do so...having cats for many years this is a first and of great concern because so young and otherwise very healthy and well up til now...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pumpkin?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I attempted to send this earlier, but maybe it did not go through...wanted to add that Pumpkin seems alert, purrs, puts back legs up when on back and belly rubbed, and playfully tries to bite our hands and play while in that position. Does not cry or seem uncomfortable while in that position. Does not cry when we touch her legs, etc. but not willing to stand or walk...she is normally very playful, fast and hyper-acting...
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. There appears to be a neurologic deficit in Pumpkin's rear legs. This could be due to an infection or it could be due to some form of trauma to her back that is interfering with the nerve supply so that she will nto get up. It appears, from what you have described , that Pumpkin does have feeling in her legs so this is not a permanent paralysis and this can be reversed. Unfortunately, medications that you can get over the counter are toxic to cats so you will have to get the proper anti inflammatory medication from your vet. I would take Pumpkin to your vet as soon as possible so this does not become permanent. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta