Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

His upper front leg is swollen and painful . He won't walk

Customer Question

His upper front leg is swollen and painful . He won't walk on it and I can't touch it or he cries loudly.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Mr kitty he is 11 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mr.?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.I am very sorry to hear about Mr. Kitty’s leg.Based on what you have described and the significant amount of pain he is in, I would be concerned that we either have a cat bite abscess here or a fracture here. Unfortunately, as there are no cat safe pain relief options one can get over the counter (most of our medications are toxic for cats due to a difference in their metabolism), we’d really want to have him seen. Especially since home care like warm compressing the leg sounds to be impractical here. His vet can determine which is present here. If this is an abscess, it can be drained and antibiotics and cat safe pain relief (ie Metacam for cats) can be used. Though if there is a fracture, we'd want them to start injectable pain relief and depending on its severity he may need to be rested, may need a cast, or even surgery to address this for him. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.