Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My cat was diagnosed with renal failure and given about 6-12

Customer Question

My cat was diagnosed with renal failure and given about 6-12 months. She is ten years old. She is currently on an antibiotic once a day. Every few days she will vomit her food then after that it is like bile for once or twice. She is always hungry. She is losing weight. What can I give her for the upset stomach and the best food to food her.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian. I have a lot of experience dealing with renal failure cats and I have a lot of advice for you concerning your kitty. But first off I would like to ask as few additional questions so that I have a better idea of your cats status so that I can give you the best recommendations to your questions about diet and upset stomach. I also want to make sure you are aware of how renal failure works because the symptoms you mention so far seem like they could be a direct result of her kidney issues. What is your cats name? You mentioned she was given 6-12 months? Are you saying the vet said she had this time to live with this disease (prognosis)?What has been her treatment so far for her kidney disorder?When was she diagnosed?I will await your responses. Thank you- Dr. H