Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cat had been having seepage from backside, milky dried crusty.

Customer Question

my cat had been having seepage from backside, milky dried crusty. this has stopped but her stomach has become swollen and she is lethargic. eating and bathroom normal
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Cher replied 7 months ago.
Hello, and welcome. I'm sorry your kitty is experiencing these problems.I just have a few questions to ask you, to obtain some additional information, which will allow me to better assist you: Is your cat spayed? How long ago did this seepage, swollen stomach and lethargy begin? Does she spend any time outside? You mentioned she's eating, urinating and defecating normally, correct? Thanks for all your additional information and after you reply, please allow me a little time to get my detailed answer to you. Warmest wishes,Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 7 months ago.
Hello again, I was hoping to get some additional information from you, but I will send my answer now. If your kitty is not spayed, she may have developed a very serious uterine infection called pyometra. The uterus fills with pus and fluid and this may be the cause of her swollen abdomen. The discharge is usually creamy colored and may contain some brownish blood. Here is more information: http://www.cat-world.com.au/pyometra-in-cats-----------If your furry girl is spayed, we don't have to worry about this. Other causes of her symptoms may be intestinal parasites, causing the bloated belly and the seepage you see may be from infected or impacted anal glands that need to be emptied by the vet. It's great that she's still eating and eliminating normally, but if she's lethargic, she may have an infection in her system and I recommend an in-person evaluation by her vet, asap. These symptoms cannot be treated at home without a hands on veterinarian exam to determine the cause. Once she is diagnosed, she will be prescribed treatment, if needed. I hope all will be well with your furry girl! Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue at no additional cost.Warmest regards,Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 7 months ago.
Hello, again.I'm just checking in with you to see how everything is going with your kitty. I hope all is well and you were able to have her seen in person by a veterinarian. Please update me if you can.I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know. If you need any additional information, please simply click 'Reply' and I will be glad to help you further.I look forward to hearing back from you and/or receiving a positive rating.Many thanks!Cher