Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

16 yo cat not eating dark urine given Cisapride by vet 4 days

Customer Question

16 yo cat not eating dark urine given Cisapride by vet 4 days no poop
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Turbo vet gave him enema in office some response at home can I give tap water enemas? I tried daily for two days but no poop
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: He as hyperthyroid controlled on y/d can food up to three weeks ago when he stopped eating he only eats a little
JA: What else should I tell the Veterinarian?
Customer: He has lost weight last summer he weighed 10 lbs now only 7lbs X-ray at vet three was ago showed severe constipation
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Turbo. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. Is he eating, and drinking? The best enemas for cats are DSS enemas: A mild, warm soapy water enema is my next choice, but you have to be careful not to give too much. The Pet Enema is much safer, premeasured and easy to administer. Sometimes with constipation we have to reach in and manually remove the stool that is causing the blockage. Is he taking methimazole for his hyperthyroidism? Or just the Y/D?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Can I help with or answer anything else?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
How is Turbo doing?