Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have a female cat that has re-occuring UTI. She is on Urinary

Customer Question

I have a female cat that has re-occuring UTI. She is on Urinary Tract food, plenty water. This will be the 4 round in less than 3 months. Vet is giving her antibiotics each time, no crystals in urine, blood work is coming back fine except for UTI.
How do I get this stopped?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear about Nectavida having these recurrent infections. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. Has an Xray been taken to be sure she does not have bladder stones? Stones in the bladder or even the kidneys can be a cause of recurrent UTI and the infections may continue as long as there are stones. Has a urine culture been done? This is not the same as a urinalysis. A urine culture identifies exactly what bacteria are in the urine, and what particular antibiotic is effective for that bacteria. What urinary tract food is she getting? Is she eating the diet exclusively, or does she get any other food, treats, or table food? These diets may not work, if she eats anything else. Let me know if this is helpful and what else I can answer.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Can I help with or answer anything else?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hi Angela,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
How is Nectavida? Was my answer helpful?