Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.

He is a 6 year old tom cat. He won't eat or drink and howls

Customer Question

He is a 6 year old tom cat. He won't eat or drink and howls occasionally
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Tom
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tom?
Customer: He goes out side and he is neutered
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you know how long it will be before someone gets back to me?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. My fear for Tom is that he may have a blocked urethra. Feel his abdomen and if you feel something large and hard, then he is unable to urinate and this is an emergency and requires your vet right away. If this is not treated immediately, the bladder could burst. The other possibility is an infection somewhere. feel him all over looking for any lump or scab that could indicate that he had been in a fight and is developing an abscess under the skin. If you find this, apply hot compresses to this area every 4-6 hrs to help draw the infection to the outside. Tom is in pain somewhere and this could be serious. If you do nto find anything, take him to the ER vet soon. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta