Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My cat is vomiting up large amounts of partially digested food.

Customer Question

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, but we did just go through some stressful days. On Tuesday night/Wednesday morning our apartment building caught fire (nobody was injured but kitty was in crate for a majority of 5 hours) then we stayed at my parents and they have 2 cats but the cats were separated, then we moved into a new place.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: It just started within the last 24 hours. His name is***** is a siamese mix and he's about a year and a half old. Never had problems with hairballs or vomiting in the 8 months I've had him.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When did the vomiting begin? 2) Any change in food?3) How are his stools?4) Any new treats during this stressful period?5) Is the vomiting persistent throughout the day or simply right after eating?