Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat has two sore toes and black around her toe, like growth.

Customer Question

My cat has two sore toes and black around her toe, like growth. Is this a skin cancer?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Cuddles, and she is 13
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cuddles,?
Customer: She has had skin tumors and acne before. She licks her paws alot but this is black growth around the nail. Do you charge for answers? I was just checking the web for answers or pictures.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hope it is only $5.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Do you have any pictures to share of the area? 2) When did you first see this?