Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM

10 year old Maine Coon (mix - I think). Was deobstinated at

Customer Question

10 year old Maine Coon (mix - I think). Was deobstinated at the Vet, but has some feces remaining in the transverse colon. Eating very little. Treated with 100 ml of subcutaneous fluid (3 times) in the last two days - no he's active and feeling much better, but still not eating much. Taking Lactulose daily. Can you advise on possible next steps to get him to eat?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Maine Coon's name?
Customer: Hunter
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hunter?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 5 months ago.
Hi this is DRB and I would love to help you with this.......a couple of pieces of very important info for you...first to get your kitty to eat......1/2 of a 4 mg cyproheptadine tablet twice daily. This is great for appetite. Second, many vets do not know about this food: Royal Canin feline high fiber response is like a miracle for these cats with obstipation......have used it many many times and it makes a world of difference. You may not even have to use lactulose.....Hope this helps you, Sincerely, ***** ***** need further help, let me know as I check my computer every night. Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question and I am happy to answer follow up questions. Thank you very much!