Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

14-yr-old cat limping this am ... allowed hubby to check --

Customer Question

14-yr-old cat limping this am ... allowed hubby to check -- nothing noted he has long experience with active dogs ) ... wondering if we can give her baby aspirin?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. Unfortunately, aspirin can be toxic to cats so you cannot give this. The limping is most likely due to arthritis since sweet Maggie is a bit older and the only anti inflammatory medication must come from the vet. For now, start Maggie on Glucosamine/Chondroitin, available for cats at the pet store, as a daily supplement. This adds lubrication to her joints and decreases the pain she is feeling. Have your vet xray to be sure this is the problem. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta