Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

Pearl, My name is *****. My cat has been

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, My name is *****. My cat has been sneezing a lot and seems to have mucus in his mouth. He has a good appetite and is eliminating well to. He has been like this for a week. Do you think this will pass?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: The cat's name is "Boo" and he is about 8 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about And?
Customer: He has been faithfully administered fea medications every month. We recently changed from Revolution to Paradyne brand
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
Miles, sneezing cats are most often afflicted with the feline herpesvirus (FHV-1) and less commonly with Mycoplasmal or Chlamydophilal infections. Thankfully all usually remiss unaided within 1-3 weeks. I rarely treat these cats unless they become inappetent and require supplemental fluids, electrolytes, and feedings. As long as Boo remains otherwise well and appetent, I would continue to "watchful wait" as you've been doing. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.